TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN FINLAND
IN 150 COUNTRIES
Registration of a trademark in Finland is available to individuals and legal entities. To obtain exclusive rights to a company name, you should fill out the form on our website online. Profitmark International Patent Bureau specializes in the registration of intellectual property and has official representatives in 120 countries.
Trademark Application in Finland
The new Finnish Trademarks Act entered into force on 1 May 2019. The objective is to get a clear and modern Act that enables a completely digital trademark process. In addition, the reform introduces a new type of administrative revocation and invalidation procedure for trademarks. The entry into force of the Act brought about the following changes:
- New ways to present trademarks. The requirement for the graphic representability of a trademark has been removed. You must present your trademark in a manner that is clear, precise and understandable.
- Applications for the registration and renewal of a trademark can only be filed using an online service. For a special reason, the Finnish Patent and Registration Office (PRH) may also accept paper applications. Trademark applications can also be filed in English.
- The application must contain: the applicant’s details, a list of the individual goods and services included in the application, a description of the mark. The application fee must be paid before the application can be considered to have been filed to the PRH.
- Specifying the classification of goods and services.
- New administrative revocation procedure. Now you can also apply for the revocation and invalidation of a trademark at the PRH.
Trademark Search in Finland
Before you file your trademark application in Finlan, you`d better check whether there are any obstacles to the registration. Preliminary examinations are useful because there is little you can change about your application once you have filed it.
Using our service to register a trademark in Finland you receive:
- Consulting support.
- Professional trademark check in Finland
- Preparation of a package of documents for obtaining registration.
- The official filing of the Application for registration with the patent office of the country.
- Accompanying your application with an accredited patent attorney.
- If necessary: filing petitions or other additional documents and applications in the process of registering a trademark.
- Obtaining a Certificate for a trademark.
When you use the online filing system, fees for trademark registration in Finland will be as follows:
Fee for application for trademark registration €225.00
Fee for application for collective mark or certification mark registration €300.00
Fee for each class beyond the first €100.00
The validity period of a trademark registration is 10 years. You can repeat the renewal of trademarks in Finland every 10 years. Fee for renewal of registration is €225.00.
In addition to the high competence of our experts, online interaction is one of the main advantages of our company service. Specially developed software allows us to accept the applications and process them in automatic mode. In countries where online patent filing is available, we use exactly this option. This allows assigning quickly priority to the applicant.
The user gets access to the personal account on the site, which will display complete information about the paperwork. You will be aware of any changes in the pendency of application status by sending a notification letter via the specified email.
If you decide to register a trademark in Finland - just file an online application!