Trademark registration in Lithuania.
IN 150 COUNTRIES
Trademark registration in Lithuania can be done in accordance with the national procedure. The other way is to file an application for the registration of trademark in the European Union. The national procedure ensures the protection just in Lithuania. The State Patent Bureau of the Republic of Lithuania is responsible for trademarks registration within the country. You also need a power of attorney to complete the application procedure in Lithuania.
Trademark check in Lithuania.
We recommend you to make a full search in database of already registered trademarks and filed applications before starting the process of registering trademark in Lithuania. Such a check will completely eliminate or minimize the probability of denial of registration. Besides, third parties may file an objection to the trademark after it is registered. This procedure is provided if the trademark violates (may violate) someone else's rights. A professional trademark check will show all available information about applications and trademarks that have passed registration.
Trademark registration procedure in Lithuania.
The procedure for registering trademark in Lithuania is not much different from other countries. The application will take no more than 5 minutes with the system we have developed. First, you have to choose:
- Type of trademark you want to register.
- Your status (individual or legal entity).
- Classes for registration you need.
- Enter your details.
- Pay the bill.
Just fill out an online application on our website to start the procedure.
Types of trademarks in Lithuania
Marks that are possible to recreate graphically and marks that will add distinction to a good or service are open for registration. You can register slogans, names, devices, words, colors, trade dress, shapes with 3 dimensions, holograms, sounds.
The trademark law in Lithuania prohibits that following marks:
- Trademarks that contradict moral principles or public order.
- Generic words or common terms
- Marks that use flags or names or symbols of an international organization or a nation/state/region
- Marks that are lacking in distinctive qualities
- Marks that use a famous person’s name and/or surname
Classes for registration. Each trademark is registered for a certain type of activity - goods or services. Lithuania uses an international classifier that contains 45 classes. You can make a choice if read what is included in each class or if you contact our experts for help.
Data. The data must be specified in strict accordance with the identity document. Be careful and fill in all required fields.
Payment. You can pay for the registration of a trademark in Lithuania online or by the invoice for your company. Filing fee for an individual trade mark is €180, fee for 2nd and each subsequent class of goods and services for an individual trade mark is €40.
It will take approximately 12 months from the filing date to officially register the trademark. During this time, the Office will conduct the necessary checks and examinations and issue a title of protection. Keep in mind, that registered trademark that is not being used is vulnerable to cancellation of registration.
The order of application process in Lithuania is as follows:
- Examination – The examiners will take a look at the application and will judge it according to its formalities, clarity, classification, descriptiveness, deceptiveness, distinctiveness.
- Registration – If the application was approved in the examination phase, the trademark office will then issue the registration grant.
- Publication – This phase makes the application particulars accessible to the public. This is also the time when filing of opposition case is open to third parties.
Renewal of trademarks in Lithuania
The trademark is valid for 10 years with the possibility of extension. So, you can renew it after 10 years from the date of filing the application. Fee for renewal of an individual trade mark will cost you €180.